September 10, 2012 § Leave a comment
This past Summer I was asked (almost on a daily basis) what I do to get and keep my body in shape. At the time I was almost shy about the compliments (I can be really hard on myself and think my flaws stick out like a sore thumb). Since I include fitness as part of my lifestyle, I would tell people if you put the time in at the gym, you will eventually start to see the results you want. Most of my friends and family hate that I say this because as a fitness instructor I get a sweet little incentive for working out (also known as, a Paycheck).
Yesterday I had a little reminder of what it truly takes to reach and maintain fitness goals and I wanted to share a few tips for staying on track and not letting life take over. My husband wanted to meet a friend for a bike ride and since the mornings are cool and crisp there wasn’t anyway I was taking my little man outside. That is when I made the decision to put on the sneakers and pop in a DVD! I almost made it through the entire 30 minute workout before Cash woke up. Once I was done I felt fantastic and ready to start my day. Believe me, it isn’t easy to workout at home, but when time and and babysitting don’t work out it’s the next best thing.
Here are my top 5 tips to staying on track of your fitness goals:
1. Have a plan-schedule a time for working out! Making a workout part of your day will help you stick to your commitment.
2. Do push-ups every morning. I wake up and immediately do 25 or more push-ups before I do anything else. This is a great way to wake up your body and jump start your metabolism. Also, if you can’t get in a workout you at least started your day on the right track.
3. Have options! I have a small collection of workout DVD’s on hand so I never have a reason not to workout.
4. Have option! This one if for your kitchen. Having healthy options on hand makes it easy to reach goals. Remember, most goals are reached in the kitchen. Again, if you can’t get in a workout, you won’t be taking a step backwards if you are eating the right foods.
5. Make the decision that fitness is part of your lifestyle! Once your friends and family know how important is it to you, it will be easier for them to understand. When you only include fitness part-time it is easy for friends to talk you out of working out.
Hope these tips help and go get your fitness on!
September 4, 2012 § Leave a comment
This past Labor Day Weekend was spend hanging with friends and over indulging to the max! Nothing is better than living life to its fullest and taking advantage of every last bit of sunshine but there is also a sweet nostalgia that comes with the end of summer. As the days grow shorter and that crisp fall air arrives I get excited for the things to come.
One of my favorite and most simple pleasures for fall is getting to use my dark nail polishes again. I love me a pop of pink or orange as much as the next girl but I feel more like my true self once my little finger tips embrace a darker hue. I adore dark polishes so much so that I had a manicure done with OPI’s Lincoln Park After Dark right before I gave birth to my son and I must say it really glammed up that fashionable hospital gown.
While out shopping with a friend this past weekend, I came across OPI’s My Private Jet. Once I got home, I immediately gave my fingers a polish change and I can safely say that this will be my “go to” color for the next month or so. This color has a dark base with a soft sparkle throughout, making it a perfect transition color from summer to fall.
*photo from: polish insomniac