Chocolate Chips with a Twist
May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
The hubs and I participated in a Half Marathon this past weekend and I had to share the cookies I made for pre and post race energy. They were Ah-Maz-Balls (a little Giuliana shout-out)! I originally started my search for a cookie recipe that called for oat flour, as that was all I had on hand, and I ended up finding a recipe from Eat Drink Better that satisfied my sweet tooth while being gluten free, vegan (depending on any modifications) and healthy. Since oats are gentle on the tummy and a good source of complex carbs to provide energy, I am happy to say these cookies have instantly become my game day go to snack.
*Make sure to check out the original recipe for Vegan cookies
Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups oat flour plus 1 cup whole oats (use certified gluten free oats for cookies to be 100% gf)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola or sunflower seed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cooking Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease a baking tray.
- Mix oat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add margerine and oil and stir until mixed. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of soy milk. Add chocolate chips last and mix.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough and flatten them with the back of a wet spoon on your baking tray. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on ' Follow (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)