Gluten-free Pumpkin Granola
October 19, 2011 § Leave a comment
I came across this recipe the other day over at “With Style & Grace “. The pictures were so enticing that I rushed out to purchase all the necessary ingredients to make it. Granola is a great breakfast option for those of us who are gluten-free and adding Pumpkin to it is the perfect fall indulgence. I must say, this granola is a great way to start your day since it is full of fiber, vitamins and good for you carbs that will give you loads of energy for the day.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Granola recipe:
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats [use regular oats if not gluten intolerant]
- 1 cup almonds, chopped [or nuts of your choice]
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon. salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional 3/4 – 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Line your two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together gluten-free oats, chopped almonds, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well combined.
In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract and using a whisk or fork, whisk until smooth.
Add wet [sugar] mixture to the dry ingredients and with a spatula, mix until everything is coated. If it seems too dry, add a little more applesauce & maple syrup.
Spread the granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheets – I do one baking sheet at a time, but you could probably do both, just be sure to rotate. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Carefully remove and mix for even baking. Bake for an additional 18-20 minutes or until the granola looks nice and golden.
Remove from the oven and let cool before stirring in the dried cranberries, if you chose or add in before serving.
Store in an airtight container. I keep mine in the fridge, but in the pantry is fine as well.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on ' Follow (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)