September 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
My In-laws recently gave me a plethora of zucchini from their garden and I have been experimenting with it on a daily basis. My first instinct was to make a more traditional zucchini bread. I made four loaves (using this recipe). I planned on freezing a few of the loaves for when Baby Baron arrives but only two made it to the freezer, oops! Zucchini bread really hits the spot on a cool fall morning with a big cup of coffee; it’s one of my weaknesses.
Since I still had plenty of zucchini to work with I searched the blogosphere and came across this recipe for Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake. Now, who doesn’t love an abundance of chocolate in their bread? The cake/bread turned out flavorful, moist and definitely satisfied my chocolate craving. Since zucchini is everywhere right now, what recipes will you be trying out? Next up, I think I’ll try making Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies and take them to share with some friends. Let’s be honest, this pregnant girl doesn’t need to be eating ALL the treats she makes.
* I adapted both recipes to be gluten free by using Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on ' Follow (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)