Rustic Cheddar Apple Pie
May 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
Memeorial Day isn’t just an added day to our weekend; it’s a time to remember our fallen heros and spend time with those we love. Since the weather hasn’t been all that great and a BBQ wasn’t in the works this year I decided to stick close to traditions and make an Apple Pie. What’s more traditional (or American) than an Apple Pie? With a little extra time this weekend I went above and beyond and combined two recipes to make the perfect Rustic Cheddar Apple Pie. I started with a Gluten Free Pie crust (recipe here) and combined it with Anne Thornton’s Cheddar Cheese Apple Pie (recipe here). I first tried Anne’s recipe last Thanksgiving and it looked so delicious and received such rave reviews from my family that I decided to take it to the next level and make it gf so I could enjoy it as well. To make things a little easier I made the crust freeform (more like a tart). Using the two recipes turned out Ah-Ma-Zing, if I do say so myself. Sometimes a little extra work and love are totally worth it.
Enjoy the day off work with your friends and family and don’t forget to take a moment to thank those who have and currently do serve our country.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on ' Follow (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)