Baby, It’s Cold Outside
January 3, 2011 § 1 Comment
With all my Christmas decorations put away and the house back to normal there is nothing to distract me from noticing just how cold it has been lately. There are patches of snow and ice taunting drivers and pedestrians making it so I don’t enjoy leaving the comforts of my warm home. With this cold front constantly giving me the chills I decided to make a stew and warm things up a bit.
Most of the stew recipes I came across either called for a crock pot (I broke mine last winter and still haven’t purchased a new one, I better add that to my to-do list) or dutch oven (another thing I haven’t purchased but I have made it very clear to my husband that this is the one I would like if he feels the need to buy me a present). After a good twenty minutes of scanning my cookbooks I came across this amazing Beef stew recipe by Katie Lee (recipe here). I made a few minor adjustments to her recipe by swapping potatoes for sweet potatoes and adding a turnip. I think any combination of winter vegetables would make this stew great, so feel free to adjust to your liking. This dish really hit the spot and I am so excited to have some leftovers throughout the week.
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on ' Follow (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)